Frequently asked questions
Where are your laboratory notebooks produced?
- All our laboratory notebooks are designed, printed and bound in the United Kingdom.
Identifying your laboratory notebook
- If you're wanting to reorder and have an existing book but don't know the product code, this is always printed at the foot of the spine of each laboratory notebook. See our video below on how to identify and reorder books.
What type of paper is used for the notebooks?
- Our notebooks are printed on acid-free environmentally friendly, uncoated cartridge 100gsm paper which is FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council) and ECF (Elemental Chlorine-Free) certified. This ensures the best possible quality of printing, high opacity so there is no show through from page to page and that the notebooks will not deteriorate with age. Permanence of records is a primary consideration for laboratory notebooks and it is therefore important that the paper can stand the test of time.
- The paper mills from whom we purchase are EU Ecolabel accredited (European Union voluntary label for environmental excellence) and compliant with: ISO 9706 (specifies the requirements for permanent paper intended for documents), ISO 14001 (an environmental management system helping measure and improve environmental impact) and ISO 9001 (a Quality Management System demonstrating a provider of consistent quality).
Why is binding of laboratory notebooks so important?
- All of our laboratory notebooks are thread-sewn and case-bound. This is an essential part of the production process and a Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) requirement, guaranteeing a permanent and secure record.
Do you offer sequential numbering on your laboratory notebooks?
- Yes, sequential numbering is offered on all our notebooks.
Pricing and delivery charges
- All our prices are quoted in GBP.
- For mainland UK deliveries there is a basic £5 delivery charge and then 50p per book thereafter (excluding VAT).
- For international orders, please contact us in order to obtain a quote for delivery charges.
- Any charges for currency conversion, credit card fees and associated bank charges are the responsibility of the customer.
How will my laboratory notebooks be sent?
- Delivery of notebooks to mainland UK is most commonly via overnight courier.
- Deliveries to Scottish Highlands and Islands, Northern Ireland, Irish Republic and internationally are subject to individual quotation so please contact us for more details.
- We aim to dispatch producs which are in stock within 48 hours.
- For items not in stock and for customised orders, please contact us to confirm delivery timing.
- Pricing for these notebooks is dependent on the level of customisation. Generally this is only viable for orders of 100 books or more. Please contact us to obtain further details and prices for custom laboratory notebooks.
- If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1622 833 444.